Volunteers needed for Sledge Hockey program
Easter Seals Nova Scotia needs volunteers for an introductory program to sledge hockey for children and youth, with or without a disability, to be held at the new 4-plex Arena on the Hammonds Plains Road on Saturdays from 10:00am to 11:00am starting November 6th, 2010 and continuing through March 5th, 2011. Volunteers will start at 9:30am and finish at 11:30am.
The program is structured for those participants who would like to have fun on the ice while learning to use a sledge; a specialized sled designed for inclusive on-ice activities. This pilot program is a partnership between Easter Seals Nova Scotia, IWK Recreation Therapy, Hockey Nova Scotia and HRM Recreation.
The role of the volunteer encompasses:
- Assist children once they are on their sleds
- Follow instructions from Assistants and Coordinators
- Be able to ice skate and bring own skates to the sessions
- Need to wear a CSA approved hockey helmet
- Have completed the Child Abuse Registry, Criminal Records Check ($25 fee unless one has recently been done) and Volunteer Information Sheet
Individuals who have a background in therapeutic recreation, occupational therapy, kinesiology, sledge hockey experience or recreational program experience and would like to volunteer for this fun program are invited to call or email Stephanie at Easter Seals Nova Scotia 902-453-6000, x220 or firstname.lastname@example.org.Share on Facebook Tweet This: Send Page to Twitter