Program Assistant Wheelchair Recycling
About Easter Seals Nova Scotia
Easter Seals Nova Scotia is a not-for-profit organization which delivers high-quality services and programs to children, youth, and adults with disabilities. Based in Dartmouth, we promote inclusion, independence and mobility for all Nova Scotians. Our services include the provision of wheelchairs, mobility and health care-related equipment, and adapted recreational sports programs. Visit www.easterseals.ns.ca for more information.
We are looking for a dynamic individual who would like to gain experience in the non-profit health sector. You must have solid Microsoft office skills, a positive attitude and willingness to learn. You will gain hands on experience with various health care equipment.
The Program Assistant will report to the Manager of Wheelchair Program, Assistive Devices.
- Act as a first point of contact to external clients in the form of telephone calls, email and in person inquiries
- Perform clerical duties for various programs
- Assist in equipment preparation for clients ex; cleaning, sizing, etc.
- Maintain filing systems and databases
- Process quotes and invoices
- Prepare quarterly reports for internal and external stakeholders
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong Microsoft excel, word and outlook programing
- Experience working with cognitively impaired and physically disabled clients is considered an asset
- Strong analytical, problem solving and customer service skills
- High degree of initiative, attention to detail and focus
- Ability to work under pressure while managing multiple priorities and deadlines
Successful completion of secondary school or equivalency, completion of a recognized Office Administration program and/or an acceptable combination of education and experience may be considered.
Hours of Work
This is a full time, two year contract position with possibility of extension.
$32,175 per year 37.5 hours a week.
The deadline to apply for this position is April 10, 2019. Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.