Program Facilitator and Job Developer, YTF Halifax
Job # 8.19
Job Title: Program Facilitator and Job Developer, YTF Halifax
Closing Date: Sunday April 14th 2019
Start Date: April 29, 2019
Location: Halifax NS
Program: Youth the Future Program, Halifax
Duration: 35 hours per week through to January 2020, renewable with funding
Salary Range: $32,760-$36,400
Job Type: Determinate
The YTF Program Facilitator and Job Developer works as part of a team to ensure the achievement of established site targets by the completion of the CCRW YTF contract. The Facilitator is responsible for creating and delivering interactive group-based workshops to youth with diverse disabilities, meeting the employment-related needs of clients referred and/or self-identifying for admission to YTF. The Program Facilitator/Job Developer works closely with Program Coordinator to establish and maintain successful YTF participant work experiences at businesses in the community. The position continuation is based on outcomes achieved and continued funding of the YTF program contract through the Government of Canada.
The main accountabilities for this position include but are not limited to:
• Create, prepare, customize, and deliver interactive group-based workshops to youth with diverse disabilities, on workplace and employment-related essential skills, life skills, leadership development, etc.
• Support the skills of participants through the process of identifying, analyzing and prioritizing their needs and interests, from individual action plans to implementing developed curriculum.
• Job Develop, to establish and maintain supportive work experience interventions for YTF participants with employers; maintaining and encouraging job retention.
• Take initiative and perform successful job development for participants in each intake.
o This involves techniques such as successfully “cold-calling” prospective employers
o Collaborate with employer, client and staff to create meaningful employment experiences and workplace accommodations.
• Contribute to and participate in Program development and expansion, including consistent materials revision, marketing, outreach.
• Work closely with community partners determining job seeker selection, classroom accommodations, etc.
• Discuss Program deliverables with the Program Coordinator and Program Manager, while working to meet the clients’ program objectives and goals
• Weekly case conference meetings are conducted with the Program Coordinator respecting the status of each client and provide reports
• Performs other duties as may be required and as identified by the YTF Program Coordinator/National Manager.
Who are you:
The Program Facilitator and Job Developer is an engaging and self-motivated individual able to establish and maintain relationships with youth and deliver interactive workshops on employment readiness. This individual is equally comfortable and skilled to create new relationships with business stakeholders from a variety of industries. The Facilitator is equal parts team player and independent achiever.
Requirements to be considered for this job:
• Experience in conducting workshops or presentations
• 2 years’ sales/marketing, recruitment and/or job development experience; a proven track record to achieve predetermined target for number of unsubsidized employed outcomes
• Post-Secondary Degree, majoring in a human behavior field
• Experience with identifying disability barriers and assisting clients to achieve their employment goals.
• Creative, organized, innovative and enthusiastic
• Ability to maintain ongoing relationships with employers and monitor clients at their job shadowing
• Leadership, communications and interpersonal skills
• Excellent working knowledge of MS Office Suite
Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and current resume in one document with salary expectations to: Careers@ccrw.org
Please quote Job # 8.19
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
CCRW is committed to workplace inclusion. Candidates of diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation at any point in the application