Easter Seals Nova Scotia & Nova Scotia League for Equal Opportunities Not without Us: Shifting the Response for Women with Disabilities Experiencing Domestic Abuse
Not without Us: Shifting the Response for Women with Disabilities Experiencing Domestic Violence is a new project of Easter Seals Nova Scotia (ESNS) & the Nova Scotia League for Equal Opportunities (the League). The project is focused on turning conversation into action for the thousands of women living with disabilities that experience or are vulnerable to domestic violence in Nova Scotia.
• Coordinate all phases of Not without Us: Shifting the Response for Women with Disabilities Experiencing Domestic Violence as detailed in the grant submission.
• Develop a critical path and logistical plan that includes venues, advertising, invitations to all stakeholders, meeting facilitation and all services for inclusive and accessible community conversations in 5 previously identified areas of Nova Scotia;
• Facilitation of the 5 community conversations.
• Compilation, development and distribution of a “What We Heard” document to all participants, relevant stakeholders and government agencies which will include gaps identified and opportunities for action.
• Working in coordination with the League, develop a critical path and logistical plan for a one-day symposium to be held during the 2020 Access Ability Awareness Week;
• Develop, conduct and collect data for evaluation and monitoring of the project.
• Manage all aspects of project budget allotments and reporting.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Knowledge of domestic violence and issues facing women with disabilities
• University or college education in social sciences or equivalent experience
• Knowledge of community-based organizations – particularly women serving organizations
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Be able to work independently
• Work from a feminist based approach
• Full-time, 35 hrs/wk
• Report to the President and CEO, ESNS and Provincial Coordinator, the League
• Be willing to travel throughout Nova Scotia for the 5 project conversations
• Tentative Contract Tenure: May 2019 – July 2020
• Salary: $20/hour
This position will be based out of ESNS, 22 Fielding Ave., Dartmouth. Qualified candidates must have a valid driver’s license, access to a vehicle. Please reply by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com by end of business day Friday, May 3rd, 2019. We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.