We’re Hiring: Employment Facilitator/Job Coach
The Next Step Youth Employment Program
New Leaf Enterprises
About Easter Seals Nova Scotia
Easter Seals Nova Scotia is a not-for-profit organization that advocates for a barrier-free Nova Scotia and delivers high-quality programs that promote mobility, inclusion, and independence for children, youth, and adults with disabilities. Based in the Halifax Regional Municipality, our charity helps thousands of Nova Scotians annually. To find out more about our work and the people we serve, please visit www.easterseals.ns.ca. ‘Like’ us on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter & Instagram @eastersealsns.
New Leaf Enterprises, Easter Seals Nova Scotia’s job skills training and employment program, seeks an enthusiastic, flexible, and dedicated professional as our Employment Facilitator / Job Coach with The Next Step Youth Employment Program. The successful candidate will be organized, self-motivated, experienced and comfortable in person directed program planning, possess excellent written and oral communication skills and is a strong advocate for persons with disabilities.
The Employment Facilitator / Job Coach will report to the Executive Director, New Leaf Enterprises
Working closely with The Next Step Youth Employment Team, the Employment Facilitator/Job Coach will be responsible for creating and delivering interactive group based workshops over 3-4 month time frames to youth with disabilities. This position works closely with the Job Developer to establish and maintain successful transition into community based employment with the goal of job independence by participants. We need a team player who works from a place of collaboration in program delivery and participant interaction. We are seeking a person who is sensitive to the needs of persons with physical and intellectual disabilities and works in the “here and now” to help participants be successful in their employment journey.
- Participate in developing a Person Centered Intake Assessment Form reflective of all components of the Next Step Youth Employment Program
- Actively promote the program to educational facilities and community based groups including those serving African Nova Scotian, Mi’Kmaq and LGBTQI clients for recruitment and application for The Next Step program
- Create, prepare, customize and deliver interactive group-based workshops for youth with disabilities which will support their transition into community employment
- Develop individual planning programs with each participant which focuses on employment goals, identifying adaptations for learning and specific supports needed to ensure successful skills training and subsequent job retention
- Working with the Employment Team and employer, assist with integration into the workplace by identifying any adaptations needed and providing on-site job coaching to ensure the successful transition to independent employment for the participant
- Keep regular and concise case files for each participant for program reporting and evaluation
Education and Experience
- Post-Secondary Education in an appropriate discipline or a combination of education and experience in skills training and support
- Experience with workshop facilitation for participants with diverse needs
- Professional qualification including core competencies and training standards as identified by the Nova Scotia Department of Community Services including, First Aid /CPR Training (16 hours), Crisis Intervention Certificate, Medication Awareness, Fire and Life Safety Training, Individual Program Training, Non-Aversive Behavior Change
- Strong organizational skills including time management, record keeping and reporting efficiencies
- Knowledge of disabilities in the client population we serve
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office Suite
- Knowledge of Labour Market conditions in the Halifax Regional Municipality
- Experience with “Cold Calling” as it pertains to employment for youth with disabilities
- Must have a valid Nova Scotia Driver’s License and access to a vehicle
Term: Full time position for three years. Start date July 6, 2020 – June 30, 2023 (possible extension).
The position will be based at 22 Fielding Avenue, Dartmouth in the Easter Seals Nova Scotia Centre. The position is full time, Monday – Friday, however hours may change dependent on employment opportunities for participants requiring Job Coach support.
Salary is $42,065 per annum.
Please send cover letter and resume to Veronica Dale, Executive Director, New Leaf Enterprises at email@example.com by 4:00 pm June 22, 2020. No phone calls please.
Thank you to all applicants for your interest in New Leaf Enterprises / Easter Seals Nova Scotia however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.