We’re Hiring: Program Assistant – Assisted Mobility Program
Easter Seals Nova Scotia
About Easter Seals Nova Scotia
Since 1931, Easter Seals Nova Scotia’s primary focus has been to deliver high quality services and programs to children, youth, and adults with disabilities. ESNS provides individualized solutions to support inclusion and empower persons with disabilities.
We do this through our four pillar programs: New Leaf Enterprises, Camp Tidnish, Take PART and Assisted Mobility which provide employment support, skills development, inclusive sport and recreation and access to mobility aids and wheelchairs. Quite simply, we see a world where everyone is included.
We are looking for a dynamic individual who would like to gain experience in the non-profit health sector. You must have solid Microsoft office skills, a positive attitude and willingness to learn. You will gain hands on experience with various health care equipment.
As Program Assistant in the Assisted Mobility Program at Easter Seals Nova Scotia, you will be instrumental in helping to provide access to assistive devices that provide independence for our clients. Reporting to the Manager of Assisted Mobility, you will provide a full range of administrative support and client services.
- Act as the first point of contact to external clients looking for mobility assistance
- Keep accurate and complete case notes for each client
- Assist in equipment preparation for clients ex; cleaning, sizing, etc.
- Process quotes and invoices
- Work collaboratively with health care providers, government departments and vendors in a professional and consistent manner.
- Understand and implement the policies and procedures of the Wheelchair Recycling Program and Assistive Devices
- Perform other duties as required both within the Assisted Mobility Program or when needed in other Easter Seals Nova Scotia programs.
- Grade 12 (or equivalent) and a business diploma from a recognized educational institution plus two years related experience, or suitable combination of formal education and/or experience.
- Advance working knowledge of computers including Outlook, Windows, Word, Power Point, Excel, and Access Database
- Demonstrated strong time management, organizational skills and communication skills
- Excellent judgement and discretion in handling confidential and/or sensitive information required
- Data entry experience required
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Basic technical abilities relating to the use of phones, webcams, cameras and photocopying equipment.
Monday – Friday, 37.5 hrs per week and the position is located at our Centre at 22 Fielding Ave. The building is barrier-free and fully-accessible.
Applicants invited to participate in an assessment process (such as an interview or testing) and who require accommodation, should discuss their needs in advance of the assessment.
Salary is $35,000 per year and will include benefits and 3 weeks vacation.
The deadline to apply for this position is August 19, 2020, Wednesday.
Please email your resume and cover letter to Heidi@easterseals.ns.ca.
Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.