We’re Hiring: Special Events Coordinator
Easter Seals Nova Scotia is a not-for-profit organization which delivers high-quality services and programs to children, youth and adults with disabilities. Based in Dartmouth, we promote inclusion, independence and mobility for Nova Scotians with disabilities. We enable Nova Scotians with disabilities to enhance their quality of life by realizing their individual potential.
Easter Seals Nova Scotia seeks an enthusiastic, flexible and dedicated professional as our next Special Events Coordinator. The successful candidate will be someone who enjoys working in a busy environment while managing multiple priorities, community relationships and event opportunities. The Special Events Coordinator will report to and assist the Director of Development with fundraising events, volunteer management, communications, sponsorship opportunities and community relations. They will have a passion for supporting and serving our clients living with physical and/or intellect disabilities.
- Ability to be resourceful and creative in creating new networking connections and starting new relationships
- Owning the events strategy, with direction and collaboration (from implementation to execution), invitations, emails, volunteers, media releases, etc.
- Coordinate fundraising events and programs, and focus on year-round campaign of event participation and volunteer engagement
- Develop and seek sponsorship opportunities for fundraising events and programs, cash and in-kind
- Cultivate, maintain and grow relationships with sponsors, supporters and event participants
- Being the lead for all volunteer lead activities with Easter Seals NS events, functions and programs
- Manage stewardship activities to ensure regular contact with sponsors by Easter Seals Nova Scotia staff and board members
- Manages Easter Seals Nova Scotia’s online peer to peer fundraising portal for events such as Drop Zone and the Kartbahn 250
- Create and provide personalized sponsor and volunteer acknowledgment and recognition opportunities
- Create and manage event work plans
- Supports Easter Seals Nova Scotia’s multi-platform, multi-media and social media communications and marketing programs as required
- Act as a resource for third party fundraising opportunities
- Has a working knowledge of email marketing tools
- Comfort with Raiser’s Edge and fundraising platforms considered an asset
- Post-secondary education in development, business, marketing, communications, or equivalent experience
- Ability to manage deadlines and multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to think and act strategically, to work independently in creating new program initiatives or enhancing existing ones
- Very strong organizational skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively with clients, volunteers, sponsors, and staff
- Social media experience with Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram
- Must possess a valid Nova Scotia driver’s license
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office including One Drive
The position is full-time and based in the Burnside Industrial Park in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia.
Compensation Type Salary is $40,000 per year. A benefits package is included as well as 3 weeks of paid vacation per year.
Please send a resume and cover letter expressing your interest in this position with relevant skills and experience to Wanda Sinclair, Director of Development at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date is Friday, July 9th. Thank you to all applicants for your interest in Easter Seals Nova Scotia; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.