Easter Seals Nova Scotia Board Member Application
Do you believe in a world where everyone is included?
Help us reach our vision! Easter Seals Nova Scotia is recruiting for board positions to be in place by our Annual General Meeting in June.
To read about the exciting work our Board Directors do contributing to our vision and to get the application click here!
Volunteer Role Description for Board Members
Position: Board Member (volunteer)
Time commitment: Five hours/month (meetings, preparation, consultation)
Term: 2-year terms
The Board of Directors is collectively accountable for the performance of Easter Seals Nova
Scotia in relation to its mission and strategic objectives, and for the effective stewardship of financial and human resources.
Individual board members have no authority to approve actions by the organization, to direct staff, or to speak on behalf of the association unless given such authority by the board.
Board members are responsible for acting in the best long-term interests of Easter Seals Nova
Scotia and its community, and will bring to the task of informed decision-making, a broad knowledge and an inclusive perspective.
Every member of the Board of Directors, including the Board’s officers, is expected to do the following:
- Prepare for, attend, and participate in board meetings
- Work as a team member and support board decisions
- Assist in the development of the 3-year Strategic Plan for 2023-2025
- Monitor the performance of the organization in relation to objectives and core values
- Approve the budget and monitor financial performance in relation to it
- Abide by the by-laws, code of conduct and other policies that apply to the board
- Establish, review and monitor policies that guide core operational practices (eg. financial management, human resource management)
- Participate in the recruitment of new board members
- Support fundraising initiatives of the organization, both financially and through direct involvement/volunteering
- Participate in committee work
- Attend and participate in the Annual General Meeting
- Keep informed about community issues relevant to the mission and objectives of the Organization
We believe that the expertise of persons from diverse backgrounds and lived experiences contribute to our vision of creating a world where everyone is included and we encourage those from underrepresented communities to apply.
To apply please fill out the application form, then scan and return to firstname.lastname@example.org